Sunday, October 7, 2007

Papa John's at FedEx Field

Okay, I have never been more hot than I was today. It is frickin' October, people, and I sizzled like a piece of bacon as I sat in the sun watching the Lions / Redskins game at FedExField. WTH? And on top of that, the Lions got whooped, 34-3.

Anyhoosle, I got a cheese slice at the field. The pizza is Papa John's and I split the slice with guest judge Jenn.

Any pizza you get in a stadium is rubbery. That's just the way it is. But, it had a decent crust and the sauce is sweet, which I like.

It's also a thick crust, which you don't find much outside the Midwest. (For more on the topic, check out this excellent blog, Slice.)

But, it's still stadium pizza. Okay for a nosh during the game but not something I'd go out of my way to find.

Liza's rating: 1.5 stars

Jenn's rating: 2.0 stars

PS-- Highlight of the day: I got to meet former Michigan State running back TJ Duckett.

No comments: